Thursday, February 25, 2010

photo shoots, parties, and more snow!

I can't believe I just wrapped up week 7 in New York! Only nine more weeks to go; it really is flying by. The last couple of weeks at work have been really crazy. Last Thursday, I was able to help out with a photo shoot on the set of the CBS Early Show. The best part about assisting with something like a photo shoot is that I do not have much experience on this side of publicity, so it grows me as a journalist and PR person. I got to assist the photographer and his crew, be an extra pair of hands for the publicist of The Early Show, and learned what it takes to have a successful photo shoot. Here is a picture of me in the studio after everything was said and done:


Last night, I got to attend and help work a book party for CBS' medical correspondent, Dr. Jennifer Ashton. Dr. Ashton just published her new book, The Body Scoop for Girls: A Straight-Talk Guide to a Healthy, Beautiful You, and this party recognized and celebrated her achievements. The party was held at the Bar Americain, which is Bobby Flay's restaurant. The cheese bar was PHENOMENAL and I ate some pretty amazing cookies. It's fun to be able to say that I've eaten at Bobby Flay's restaurant! Stevie, Faith, and I (the other two interns I work with) were all able to attend. Here is a picture of us before the party began:

Faith and I

Stevie and I
(Sorry the pictures aren't the best quality, iPhone + dim lighting = not the best pics!)

Today it started snowing again and it looks like it may snow until Saturday morning. When Baylor got a good amount of snow the other day, I laughed because I thought about how much everyone in Texas was loving the snow and I'm begging for it to stop. I want spring to be here already!! I want to play in Central Park, rent bikes and go for a ride through the city, and do all of the other fun things on my bucket list for New York once the sun comes out again. Oh, well, at least my mom sent me rain boots and I will not drown in the brown, mushy snow slush that accumulates on the streets after a good snow in the city. I'll just keep dreaming of the spring until it arrives:) And for now, I'll leave you with this picture. Sorry, it's another iPhone pic. This is what I saw when I walked out of my office building this evening. Yup, more snow. Gotta love the winter in New York City!

Oh, the snow...:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment