Thursday, February 11, 2010

Follow up from yesterday's post :/

So, remember yesterday when I said, "I want to go back to work so badly, but what if I still feel awful tomorrow??" Well, I woke up this morning feeling just a little bit better and totally guilty for not having worked the last couple of days. I made myself get out of bed, get dressed, and subway-ed myself to work. After walking the last 10 minutes of my commute in the cold and leftover brown snow mush, I felt like crap. I took the elevator to the 6th floor, my floor, walked into my boss's office, and sat down on her couch.

Sonya, my boss, said the me, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?? When you didn't call this morning, I thought to myself, 'Good, that girl finally understood what I said and is just resting,' and now here you are?! GO HOME. Go back to bed! I don't want to see you again until, at the earliest, Tuesday." Another lady in my office, Kelli, said, "If she doesn't leave, I'm going to have to have a talk with that girl." My goodness. The guilt that I had woken up with this morning had melted away and I was so overwhelmed by the fact that these people truly cared about my health. I don't know if it was because they cared so much or because of how crappy I really felt, but my eyes welled up with tears as I got onto the elevator to make my trek back home.

I stopped by Walgreens on my way back to pick up some Tussin (cough and cold) and a few other things I needed. I've slept and been in bed all day. I ordered in some french onion soup and sweet potato fries for lunch from a real homey restaurant down the street called Park Place. They are so sweet and always deliver so quickly! I think I've decided that I have the flu, even though I guess I haven't technically been diagnosed. But I can't remember the last time I was so sick that it took me away from school, work, or whatever for 3+ days. Hopefully this crud (sp?) is almost over! I'm tired of feeling so crappy:( And I just want to work out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment