Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sick in the City (not quite the next blockbuster title)

Today was day three of my city sickness. If I have learned one thing over the past few days, it is that it's no fun to be sick in New York. I've missed two days of work and I'm dreading tomorrow morning. I want to go back to work so badly, but what if I still feel awful tomorrow?? This morning, my mom called my aunt, who also happens to be my doctor, and asked her to call in a prescription Z-Pak for me. After trekking through the blizzard that blew in last night and continued to fall all day, I picked up my prescription and headed back to the dorm. Snow pelted me in the face the whole way back and once I opened the door to my dorm room I started crying, I hurt so bad. My head, throat, nose, ears, everything. My whole body ached. Still now, after day three of not feeling well, I'm still laying in bed blowing my nose, taking Dayquil and Nyquil, religiously drinking hot tea, and eating anything hot or cold that will numb my throat. Sick in the city = no fun:(

A couple of cool things did come of my being home all day. First off, I got to take some cool pictures from my bedroom window of the snow that fell all day. I've posted a few of my favorites below. I may not have been able to play in the snow the way I wish I could have, but at least I have a precious little window I can take cool pictures from:) Also, I got to watch the movie Sex in the City for the first time today. I've always been told that it's a good movie, but oh my goodness, I LOVED it! First off, Carrie Bradshaw's clothes in that movie made me want to go shopping SO badly! Also, seeing as I am a bride-to-be, the whole relationship/wedding theme really tugged at my heart strings, giving me that much more of a connection to the movie. Lastly, who doesn't love a good movie based in New York?? Needless to say, I loved it.

Ok, back to bed for the sickling. Hopefully I'll be feeling better tomorrow and can make it to work. Here are the pictures of Brooklyn Heights and the pretty snow that fell today.









0 comments:

Post a Comment