Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cigarettes and things I don't particularly care for about New York.

Ok, so I've been holding back on such a post as this, but I cannot take it anymore. Since I have no one to vent to in person, I must blog to get this off my chest. This is a list of the things, so far, that I do not like about New York.

1) I will most likely die of second hand smoke because no matter what street I am walking down, someone is going to blow their cigarette smoke in my face. This is the most disgusting thing I've ever encountered. The next person that blows their cigarette smoke in my face may get kicked in the shin. I'm not kidding.

2) I never realized before how dirty subways really are. I guess this is because I've only ever visited New York and now I live here. I take the subway at least twice, if not 4 or 5 times a day. This weekend, I watched a man trim his facial hair and scrub the dead skin off of his hands for about 6 subway stops. I'm about to get sick just thinking about it.

3) The prices in New York are outrageous. Many people warned me of this one before I moved here, but I guess its just now starting to affect me. I can't grab lunch anywhere for less than $10 and I always try to get the smallest thing on the menu. I'm currently living off of pb&j. All donations are now being accepted for the "Feeding Sara in New York" Fund.

These are the only major issues I can think of right now, but I know I have more. I'll add them later as they come back to me or develope. No worries though; I'm still enjoying myself tremendously!

0 comments:

Post a Comment